Trailer: Blue Jasmine


It's been ages since I last saw Cate Blanchett in a movie (reprising her role in The Hobbit does not count), so this looks like a breath of different air in terms of her film choices. Written and directed by Woody Allen, Blue Jasmine is the story of a socialite's life spiraling down as she moves in with her sister in San Francisco. This looks like a light watch, nothing near Midnight in Paris, but still putting this on my watch list. It may star some underrated actors, but seeing their faces and names on an Allen film, is something refreshing as opposed to his typical cast list (with the exception of Baldwin). 

2 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful. I was not a fan of Midnight in Paris personally...in fact, I haven't been wowed with Allen since Vicky Cristina Barcelona. I'm hoping this will change all that. Blanchett looks marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does! I liked Midnight in Paris because it had a sense of whim to it. Definitely putting this on my watch list.

      Delete