Thursday Movie Picks: Ugly Duckling to Beautiful Swan Makeover

Thursday Movie Picks is hosted by Wandering Through the Shelves. For the entries of other participants and themes for the year, head over to her site. This week's theme is ugly duckling to beautiful swan makeovers. I usually find most of this in teen movies, and my picks for the week are no exception. Here are my picks for the week.


She's All That - I think the song "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None the Richer can be associated to the scene where Lainey Boggs goes down the stairs and Zach is just completely smitten by her. His sister basically just cut Lainey's hair and removed the glasses. I used to watch this movie all the time. 

Miss Congeniality - This is one of my favorite Sandra Bullock movies. Her transformation wasn't really grand; they just polished her and got her into form fitting clothing. It's still an awesome movie and great performance by Bullock.

Never Been Kissed - In terms of makeovers, this is more intense than the first two. This had Drew Barrymore's character go undercover as a high school student, and her brother basically gives her tips and changes how she looks so she'll fit in better with the popular group. She ends up falling for a teacher who is very much aware that she is his student. 

3 comments:

  1. I have a soft spot for She's All That (which I also picked) and Never Been Kissed. Miss Congeniality I liked when I was a tween but I haven't watched since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Congeniality is a guilty pleasure of mine. It's not a great film but I absolutely love it and Sandra is fantastic in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, we have a match! But I see Miss Congeniality is a popular choice this week so I'm not surprised! :D

    ReplyDelete